Moving Company: A Guide To Choosing the Best One
When it comes to moving your home or office you are going to be relying on a moving company throughout the process, therefore it’s important to find the best company to get the job done. At Biggles removals, we offer fast and friendly customer service, along with reliable and efficient transportation. It’s difficult to find a moving company to suit your needs, but we make sure all your moving requirements are met from start to finish.
This guide discusses all you need to know when choosing Biggles Removals as your top moving company. In just a 6-minute read we cover the average cost of moving between cities in South Africa, and how to choose the best moving company for long-distance moves.
We will take a look at how to compare companies so you can find the most reliable way to move your furniture and belongings long-distance.
How Much Will I Pay to Move from Johannesburg to Cape Town?
If you are considering moving to Cape Town for your work, or even just for a lifestyle change, it is important to budget and compare moving costs before hiring a moving company. The cost of moving depends on many factors such as the size of your furniture and moving boxes, and the distance between locations. Moving from Cape Town to Johannesburg with Biggles Removals you can expect to pay anywhere from R6995 to R15 995.
We offer a range of services focusing on long-distance moves, making us the perfect choice for relocating from Johannesburg to Cape Town. Our staff is made up of trained experts for any moving service you’re looking for. This means long-distance moves for offices, houses, apartments, and commercial businesses. If you aren’t in need of something so big, we also offer specialised services for short-distance smaller moves.
Cape Town is home to some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and coastlines in South Africa, it’s no wonder so many people are relocating to this beautiful city. The scenery and the diverse culture makes this city a wonderful place to live and work. The cost of moving to Cape Town can vary depending on the following factors.
- Time of year.
- The size of your home.
- The distance you are moving.
- The moving company you choose.
- Any special or extra services needed
Biggles Removals offers moving services to Cape Town from all major cities in South Africa, as well as many of the smaller ones. If you are busy planning and budgeting for your move to Cape Town don’t hesitate to contact us or request a free quote on our website. The following is a breakdown of the average cost of moving to Cape Town from major cities in South Africa using Biggles Removals services.
Johannesburg to Cape Town: R6995 – R15 995
Port Elizabeth to Cape Town: R8995 – R13 995
Pretoria to Cape Town: R6995 – R15 995
Durban to Cape Town: R5995 – R11995
4 Lifestyle Costs to Consider when moving to Cape Town.
Planning your move to Cape Town comes with a lot of big changes that are more than just a change of house or office space. It is such a bustling city with many locations and suburbs to choose from. Although, moving to the mother city comes with many additional costs to consider, here are a few to look into before you make the big move.
Accommodation: The price of real estate can be extremely high in the city centre and certain parts of Cape Town. There is also a huge demand for housing in the city so it can be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. Luckily, there are also so many options available in good areas and suburbs only a few minutes drive from the city centre that you are sure to find somewhere that suits your budget. Do your research into different areas before deciding on the best place to settle for you and your family.
Schools: If you’re a parent and your children still attend school, relocating can be a big step for them too. There are lot’s of great schools and schooling options available in Cape Town. It’s a good idea to research a school near your home as transport can be difficult with schools that are further away.
Transport: Public Transport is limited in Cape Town, making it difficult to travel without a car. Consider the cost of your car and car insurance when moving to the city. If you are living and working close to the city you will save on petrol costs if you don’t need to travel too far.
Entertainment: Cape Town is buzzing with wonderful activities for the whole family. There is a huge variety of restaurants and markets to choose from, along with tons of outdoor activities and day trips nearby. The average person living in Cape Town spends about 5% to 10% of their monthly salary on entertainment. Luckily with so many options it’s easy to find fun activities that don’t cost much in and around the city.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company in South Africa?
We have already mentioned some of the cost variables that come into play when hiring movers in South Africa. The average cost can be as cheap as R1000 for basic services within the same city or area. This can easily jump to as much as R20 000 for long-distance moves with lots of individual pieces of furniture and specialised services needed.
Biggles Removals offers specialised services that include full-service packing and entire long-distance home removals. If you are looking for budget home removals you can also consider our cheaper services which will help you reduce costs when moving. We offer a value move service where the loads are shared, making us the perfect choice for you no matter your budget.
What Is The Cost of Moving Furniture in South Africa?
If you’re moving on a budget and have a large vehicle, you might be able to move some smaller boxes yourself if your new location is in the same town or city. Although, this isn’t an option when it comes to moving long distances and moving large furniture pieces. Your best option is to hire a reliable and experienced moving company to assist with your furniture and moving process.
The average cost of moving furniture that fits into a 2-bedroom apartment or home can start at R1750 – R1950 or more depending on size and special services. The cost of petrol greatly affects moving furniture from a 2-bedroom apartment over a long distance. Making prices much higher from around R5995 – R15995 or more.
How to Get an Accurate Quote for Furniture Removals
It is important to get an accurate quote when hiring a moving company so that you can budget and plan without the stress of unwanted or additional costs. Getting a good quote involves researching different companies and making sure to compare prices and services, finding the best option to suit your needs. Here are some tips to help you find the best quote to plan your move:
Tips for Choosing The Best Moving Company
- Create an accurate inventory: Giving your moving company an accurate inventory will allow them to quote you only on the specific pieces of furniture you need to move. The movers will be able to evaluate the time it will take to move, the size of the truck needed, and number of staff members needed.
- Consider the accessibility of your home: Your home or office might be situated in an area with difficult access. Perhaps your driveway is small and difficult to get to with a large truck, this means the movers may take longer to transport your furniture and belongings onto the truck and it may affect the cost of your move. It’s a good idea to mention this beforehand to get a more accurate estimate of the time needed.
- Check if you are moving in peak season: The demand for a moving company is at its highest in May and June in South Africa, so prices will increase during this period. Moving out of season and closer to September will ensure you get a better quote. Also, avoid moving during the weekends which are usually much busier.
- Compare Quotes between companies: Comparing quotes will give you more choice to make the right decision when choosing the right company. The more quotes you can compare will help you find consistency and find the best service to match your budget.
- Consider any special requests you may need: If you have an unusually large or fragile piece of furniture it may require special care or an extra number of movers, this could affect the cost of your quote so be sure to mention this beforehand. Biggles Furniture removals offer professional and experienced movers, so you can rest assured knowing any delicate furniture you have will be well looked after.
When choosing a moving company it’s important to hire someone you can trust. You want your moving company to take the pressure of moving out of your hands. This is why it’s recommended that you don’t always go for the cheapest option, but rather do your research and find a company that will give you quality service at an affordable price. It’s all about balance!
- Start looking for a moving company early. Moving day is stressful and you don’t want to scramble to find a company at the last minute
- Get Recommendations from friends and family. Often word-of-mouth is the best way to find what you’re looking for.
- Read Reviews. Have a good look at the reviews of each company you consider to see what previous customer experiences were.
- Get quotes to compare.
- Make sure you find out what is included in the moving service so you can be prepared.
- Find out if there are any special services you need for specific pieces of furniture, and ensure your moving company will be able to assist.
Long Distance Moving Companies South Africa
When choosing a long-distance moving company first ensure that the company you contact is able to transport goods on the route you are looking for. Choose a company that offers a full set of services to cover all your needs. It is also important to make sure the company you choose has insurance packing options, to give you piece of mind when the moving day comes along.
Biggles Removals covers all major cities and routes in South Africa including the following cities, but also many more!
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
- East London
- Mossel Bay
Biggles Removals is proven to be one of the best moving companies in South Africa. We care about your needs, whatever they may be. We are here to make your moving experience as simple and effortless as possible.