Movers Johannesburg: A Guide to Moving Costs
The checklists, packing lists and build-up of panic that goes into moving can be one of the most daunting experiences to endure. That is why it’s essential to find a moving company that is reliable, efficient, and professional to lessen the load and assist you in making the experience as easy as possible. Biggles offers expert services to suit any move, whether big or small, near or far.
If you are planning a move in and around Johannesburg, Biggles is the perfect choice for you. Biggles is one of the best movers Johannesburg has to offer. Whether you are moving across the country, or simply to a new suburb nearby, Biggles offers budget-friendly services you can depend on. This guide covers all you need to know about the cost of moving with Biggles, along with some great advice to make your move cheaper and help you save money.
Small Moving Companies Johannesburg: How much do they cost?
The cost of moving a flat, house or office is dependent on many factors and can change per move. Most South African movers, like Biggles, calculate the cost of your move by taking into consideration the size of your move (volume), the distance of the move, as well as any special requests or complex items that need extra care.
How much do local movers (Johannesburg) cost?
It is often cheaper to hire local movers than to handle the process yourself. The average cost of hiring local movers in South Africa to move a 2-bedroom flat nationally can start at around R1500 - R2950. If you’re moving a larger house, or travelling across long distances, this number can increase to around R7500 or more in South Africa.
How much do movers (Johannesburg) cost per hour on average?
The cost of movers (Johannesburg) per hour can also change depending on the difficulty of your move, and how many movers are needed to transport your belongings. In South Africa, the average cost of a 2-hour move can be around R1500 - R2500, whilst a full-day move can rise to as much as R7500 - R12 000. If you need extra assistance with packing and packaging materials, the cost of your move can be higher. Get a free online quote on our website for an accurate estimate of your moving cost.
What is the cost of moving heavy items?
Biggles can move heavy items and furniture anywhere in South Africa. Furniture items can include heavy items such as couches, fridges, beds and much more. On average you can expect to pay anywhere from R499 - R5999 to move heavy items and other furniture. This cost is dependent on volume of the items, the number of heavy items, as well as the distance of the move.
How to calculate an estimated moving cost?
The most accurate way to calculate the cost of your move is to get in touch with us at Biggles and request a quote. Alternatively, you can use the following formula to calculate the average cost of your next move:
(Number of hours needed to complete the move) x (Average hourly rate of the moving company) + (Additional services if needed)
When should I hire movers (Johannesburg)?
Hiring a moving company out of season is one of the easiest ways to reduce the cost of your move. Choose out-of-season months to hire movers (Johannesburg), and try to move from Monday to Thursday during the weekdays. You should receive a better rate from most companies when moving during weekdays and avoiding the busier weekend periods.
Should I book movers (Johannesburg) in advance?
The answer is yes, booking movers (Johannesburg) in advance will lower costs on your quote and give you time to plan and organise the details of your move without the rush. Aim to book 2 months in advance, or even up to 3 months in advance if you are moving around a busier holiday time.
How to reduce the cost of hiring movers:
If you’re moving on a budget, you can be sure that Biggles offers fair prices with a range of services such as long distance moves, full pack large moves, as well as small mini moves, so you are bound to find the service that suits your budget and your needs. Furthermore, here are a few tips and tricks you can follow to reduce the cost of your next move.
- Get organised and be prepared: If you have everything ready to go when the movers arrive it will make the whole process faster. As most movers (Johannesburg) charge an hourly rate, being organised and ready to go can reduce the amount of time the movers need to move your belongings and the whole process can be cheaper.
- Use recycled boxes and packaging material: Save money by not paying for boxes and packaging material, you can find used boxes from local stores. Save your newspapers for packaging, and use towels and bedding to layer in between breakables. Make sure you don’t use damaged boxes as they can break in transit and your belongings can get damaged.
- Clear out the unwanted junk: Getting rid of any unwanted items and doing a good clear out means you will have less belongings to move to your new location. This will reduce the volume of your move, and therefore reduce the cost. It will also give you peace of mind to minimise your belongings and make your home easier to organise at your new location.
- Request multiple quotes: Getting multiple quotes is definitely the first step in finding the best moving company to suit your needs. Requesting quotes means you can find the best company to suit your budget. Request a free quote from Biggles easily on our website.
- Pack all your boxes yourself: Packing up all your belongings yourself can greatly reduce the cost of moving. Most moving companies offer a full packing service for the easiest and most convenient move, but if you are on a budget and have time to prepare, opt for packing your belongings beforehand to save on costs.
- Move what you can on your own: if you are moving locally, or to an area that is not too far away, you may be able to move most of your boxes on your own. Using a moving company to move the large and difficult furniture only can greatly reduce the cost of your move.
- For long distance moves, stay with friends and family: If you need to stay over somewhere during a long distance move ask friends and family for help if available. You can save a lot on accommodation costs if you don’t need to book into a hotel.
- Cancel internet and TV accounts: If your internet and TV is linked to your old location be sure to cancel these accounts with enough notice. This way you can avoid paying for these extra costs once you’ve moved out.
Should I hire a full packing service when moving?
Choosing a packing service when moving definitely has many added benefits. Biggles moving team is made up of professional and well trained individuals, who will pack your belongings in the best way possible. You are less likely to have items break in transit, and your items will be packed efficiently to reduce the number of boxes you have to move. This could possibly reduce the overall cost of your move, so consider choosing the full packing service for your benefit.
Cheap movers: Johannesburg
If you are looking for a moving service that is affordable and reliable at the same time then consider choosing Biggles Removals, we can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Biggles offers a shared load service specifically for individuals on a tight budget. Choosing a shared load service means your belongings get put onto a truck with other items being moved to a similar location. Sharing a load means the cost of transport is shared too, and can make your move much cheaper.
This works best if you only need a few items moved and don’t need to take up a whole truck. Although, a shared move could take longer than usual as the trucks need to stop at more than one location. Planning in advance means you can move with a shared load and not be in a rush. Our shared load services are available for moves within all major routes, and between all major cities in South Africa.
Small moving companies: Johannesburg
If you only need to move a few items of furniture or appliances, Biggles offer small move or mini move services specifically for you. Opting for Swiftmoves by Biggles means you will have affordable transport for the few items you need to move. It is a convenient and budget friendly way to move the items you aren’t able to move yourself. These smaller moves use vehicles such as vans, bakkies, and small trucks to make your move as cheap as possible.
Truck movers: Johannesburg
Biggles boasts a fleet of moving trucks that can move large and small pieces of furniture anywhere around the country. If you own bulky furniture that can’t be dismantled, you will need the service of a large moving truck. These items could include the following:
- Dining room tables
- Bed frames and bases
- Large bookshelves
- Dressing tables
It is possible to hire your own moving truck if you are opting to move your furniture on your own. Doing it all on your own can be cheaper, but it comes with loads of extra stress and effort. The pros of hiring a moving company definitely outweigh the cons. The following are a few examples.
Pros of Hiring Movers Johannesburg:
- You’ll have help with the heavy lifting: Trying to move everything yourself on moving day is nearly impossible, even if you have the help of friends and family. You can easily hurt yourself if you aren’t used to heavy lifting, and you can also damage your precious belongings if they aren’t moved properly. Hiring professionals means you’ll have all the support you need when it comes to loading and unloading the moving truck.
- They are reliable: As long as you hire the right movers (Johannesburg), you can be sure your move will happen efficiently. You can trust the moving company will arrive on time and transport your belongings safely. Most moving companies take responsibility for any breakages which can happen in transit, so you won’t need to worry about losing money due to valuables breaking. Your chances of breakages are also lessened if you get professional help with packaging before your move.
- Convenience: Hiring movers (Johannesburg) can take a lot of stress off your shoulders, and make the whole experience much more pleasant. Moving everything with the help of movers means you can easily settle into your new home. Moving companies also offer an unpacking service, so your belongings can be unpacked and sorted in your new home for your convenience.
Biggles Removals offer the best furniture and home removals for large homes, small homes, and everything in between.