As of this writing, moving a three-bedroom property would set you back approximately £800. If you have a smaller property, say a one-bedroom unit, then it could cost you somewhere between £400-500 to have someone do the removals.
Of course, the cost for removals would increase the larger the home or the longer the distance traveled.
The cost for removals has risen to as much as 25% from the year prior. This has been affected by a few factors, mainly the demand for removal services—a lot of people are moving around.
There is also a shortage of drivers, compelling removal companies to increase wages just to attract the needed talent. Still, the demand continues to outweigh the supply due to the rising cost of removal services.
As someone who is also within the removals industry, we are aware of how important moving expenses are when transferring a home or business. It is one of the most important factors in the entire process and influences the choice that the majority of people make.
Biggles Removals Bristol strives to keep our removal service as affordable as possible. Thus we take every precaution to minimize your moving expenses. You can conveniently reach out to us to ask for a survey to help you understand the work and the cost. For easy access, we can even conduct the surveys through teleconferencing.
What Factors Affect House Removal Prices?
The charges for the whole removal vary depending on several things, whether you are moving your home or office. This is the part where a survey comes in handy. The survey will take into account every aspect, enabling the removal company to give their clients an accurate price. So what factors affect moving expenses?
- First, the total volume of the items to be moved. To determine the total volume, it will depend on the number of items you need to move. The volume will help determine how much room is needed relative to the size of the moving vans.Once the total volume of the items to be removed is determined, then the number and kind of cars we’ll need to handle your move will also be identified.
- Second, the cost will also consider the move’s ease of execution. The price will be more than for a cottage relocation if our movers have to climb several flights of steps to get someone onto an upper floor without the aid of a lift.
- Third, the cost of removal services will also depend on where you are moving to and how far the company has to drive. This means that relocating to a new residence within the same town will be less expensive than, say, moving across the UK or even to another country in Europe.
- Fourth, costs frequently increase on weekends and during holidays. This is a result of greater transportation costs brought on by tolls or ferry fees. Thus, aside from “where” you are moving, you also have to think about the “when” as it might set you back a little bit more to move on a holiday or weekend than a typical work day.
- Fifth, some products must be carried with careful packing to ensure their safety and security. These might be hefty objects or works of art. Since these will need particular care and expertise in handling them, the cost for their removal might be a tad more expensive.
Other considerations include access to your property. This means that the cost for removal will be less expensive for a property that only requires simple road access than one which does not. Most removal companies usually offer requests for additional boxes for packaging and other related services, but they come at an additional cost.
As you might have gleaned from the article above, removal costs may cost a fortune depending on a number of circumstances. The good thing is that you can keep the moving costs low.
The typical cost of a move might be between £200 and £1500, but getting the help of a trusted and reliable removals company such as Biggles Removals might help reduce your expenses.
There are several things you can do to accomplish this. You can choose a company that offers a free survey to give you an idea of the removal cost and those which can give you a personalized quote. This way, you can be sure that you won’t have any unpleasant surprises when you receive the invoice.
Oh, and one more tip, instead of having the removal company pack your things, you can try to do it on your own. That way, you can save on some costs and get rid of a few things you no longer need.